About High Level Till Alert
This article concerns the use of High Level Till Alerts independently of the Cash Reconciliation till report. For information on using High Level Till Alerts in conjunction with Cash Reconciliation, please click here or select the appropriate article from the related articles cited above.
If High Level Till Alerts have not yet been configured, please see the setup and general information article found here.
Till Alerts in the POS Application
Many locations find that the Cash Reconciliation till in/out report is not necessary for their daily cash management and instead simply rely upon the Register Summary. For this reason, the High Level Till Alert feature can be used with or without the till report.
When the till in/out function is not in use, each register’s till amount will start at 0.00 at the beginning of each business day. In this context, if, for example, the “High Level Till Alert Threshold Amount” is set at $200, a total of 200.00 in cash sales can be added to the register before a till alert is triggered.
1. After a cash transaction that exceeds the till threshold amount is applied, the High Level Till Alert will appear immediately after the associated order is closed.
2. From the alert prompt, select Ok to bypass the alert until the next High Level Till Alert interval, or Register Functions to initiate a Paid Out cash drop using the steps below.
3. From Register Functions, tap Paid Out.
4. On the “Paid Out Amount” keypad, enter the drop amount to be removed from the drawer in order to bring the register’s total value below the high till threshold. Press Go.
5. In the “Paid Out Notes” dialog box, type a reason for the Paid Out that is clear and easy to refer back to later. Tap Continue to finalize the Paid Out transaction. A Paid Out chit will print and may be retained for record keeping, if desired.
Note: In addition to the Paid Out chit that automatically prints with each transaction, Paid Ins and Outs are recorded to the Register Summary, X Report, Z Report and relevant Control Panel reports.
The till count will deduct the amount of the Paid Out from the register total. The High Level Till Alert will not reappear until the high till threshold is exceeded again.