In addition to the Lavu Inventory 2.0 Migration Tool, the new Inventory 2.0 system supports import and export functionality. Importing will assist locations in transferring their existing inventory item list from the old system to the new system.
Note: Please be advised that after importing is complete, new inventory items must be assigned to the menu as ingredients before the system can deduct from item stock with each sale.
EXPORT/IMPORT MIGRATION FROM INVENTORY 1.0 TO INVENTORY 2.0
On 10/31/17, Lavu introduced an easy way to convert inventory from 1.0 to 2.0. The Export/Import Migration is strongly recommended for locations with large inventories. The new migration screen will appear, prompting users to to Export/Import:
The current inventory will download automatically in the correct format for upload to save time. Locate the downloaded file and amend, if necessary:
Users are automatically directed to the Inventory 2.0 Import screen. Prior to importing, users should modify the appropriate Units of Measure, Categories, and Storage Locations in the Inventory Settings.
Once the spreadsheet is finalized for upload, follow the remaining Inventory 2.0 Import guide starting at Step 5.
EXPORTING FROM INVENTORY 1.0
For easy transference, Inventory 1.0 can be exported to conserve a list of current ingredients and inventory items.
The list will appear in a CSV format from Inventory 1.0:
IMPORTING IN INVENTORY 2.0
1. To import in the new Inventory 2.0 system, navigate to the Manage section.
2. Click the Action Menu in the top right side and choose Import.
3. The page will load and an “importitems.csv” file will automatically download.
4. Open the file and enter in the inventory ingredients and the respective fields.
Note: Storage Locations, Categories, and Units of Measurement (UOMs) must be defined in the Inventory Settings to be recognized prior to uploading. Entries that do not exist in the system will not be created by uploading the spreadsheet.
5. Click the Upload button and locate the completed inventory spreadsheet.
Note: Files must be in a CSV format.
6. Once the file has been uploaded, it will appear in the upload screen. Inventory items can be modified for accuracy, prior to pressing the Complete button at the bottom.
Note: It is strongly encouraged to enter all pertinent inventory information, including vendors, prior to finishing the import.
EXPORTING FROM INVENTORY 2.0
1. To export in the new Inventory 2.0 system, navigate to the Manage section.
2. Click the box, or boxes, of items to be exported. The box in the green header bar is used to select all items.
3. Click the Action Menu in the top right side and choose Export.
4. The file will be automatically downloaded in a CSV format.