Epson Mobilink Printers:
Epson's Mobilink line of printers allow retailers and service providers to improve transaction workflow
efficiency. Transactions can proceed without having to travel to a stationary printer location, creating a more convenient customer experience and reducing processing time. Currently, Lavu sells the Epson P20, P60II, and P80. You may purchase these printers through a POS Specialist or from shop.lavu.com
The Mobilink series can be setup using the supplied USB and EpsonNet Config or by downloading the Epson TM Utility directly from the App Store or Google Play Store. While the TM Utility App will be the preferred setup method, there will be situations in which downloading the app may not be possible (the Apple ID/password is not known or owner is unavailable). An onsite user can plug the provided USB cord from the wireless printer to a computer (PC or Mac) and run EpsonNet Config.
Disclaimer: Despite the fact that we are now offering wireless printing solutions, Lavu still recommends ethernet-connected printers as the best solution. Latency and packet loss were established during testing and wireless printing should be considered a sub-optimal implementation in accordance with these findings.
When using the printer in environments where kitchen microwaves and other devices that may
interfere radio waves are installed, please be aware of the following:
- Keep the printer away from the devices that may cause radio wave interference.
- Use channels that are away from the frequency bands that may cause radio wave interference.
- Place shields between the printer and the devices that may cause radio wave interference.
- Select either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, whichever is free from radio wave interference.
- In auto channel setting for the access point, do not select a channel in which the printer may cause radio wave interference.
1. Connect the printer to a power source, load a roll of thermal paper, and turn te printer on.
2. Wait 15-30 seconds. The printer will produce a small chit with the heading "SimpleAP Start." This printout contains temporary network information that will allow the printer and iPad to communicate during setup.
3. On the iPad, open Epson TM Utility Tool
4. Tap the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option near the bottom of the application window.
5. Select the appropriate mobile printer model (P20, P60II, or P80. Tap Next.
6. Confirm that the "SimpleAP Start" chit was printed by tapping Printed.
7. Tap Next
8. The TM Utility app will switch to Settings and generate a prompt asking permission to install a Temporary Epson Profile on the iPad. Tap Install.
9. Tap Install again on the auto-generated "Warning" page.
10. Tap Install once more to confirm.
11. Tap Done when the profile installation is complete.
12. The iPad will automatically open a Safari tab. Select Back to return to the TM Utility application.
13. Tap Open
14. Tap the Home button to back out of the TM Utility app and open the iPad Settings.
15. Navigate to Wi-Fi and select the temporary network titled EPSON_PRINTER.
Note: If prompted to enter a password, the default password is 12345678
16. Once connected, return to the TM Utility app. Tap Next to proceed to the next step.
17. Enter the SSID (network name) of the network used by all other Lavu POS devices.
18. Tap Next.
19. Select the appropriate network security option. Tap Next.
Note: For standard network configurations, this is WPA-PSK(AES). Other configurations of wireless security are set by IT professionals. Please contact your IT professional if you have any special networking considerations or are unsure.
20. Enter the wireless network password and tap Next.
21. Disable DHCP by tapping the slider. Enter a static IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway (Router) address for the printer that matches the IP Schema used on all Lavu POS devices.
Note: If the location’s IP schema is unknown, leave DHCP enabled and allow the printer to acquire an address automatically. The printer can be re-assigned to a static IP later using EpsonNet Config.
22. Tap Set to Printer to confirm all network information assigned to the printer.
23. Return to the iPad Settings.
24. Tap Wi-Fi and select the same network as the printer and iPad(s).
25. Return to the TM Utility app and tap Next once the Printer Connection Check is complete.
26. The TM Utility app screen will read Printer Reconfiguration. Wait until this process is complete to continue.
27.If the printer is successfully added to the network, the TM Utility app will prompt for a test print and produce a small receipt that reads, “Setup was successful.”