Applying multiple payment methods to a single check is a common alternative to splitting an order into several individual checks. This is especially relevant when a tab or table consists of multiple customers that want to contribute flat amounts to the total bill.
For the purpose of this walkthrough, let’s say there is a table of three people who would like to apply a $25.00 gift card, a further $25.00 credit card payment, and pay the balance in cash.
For more information on selling and redeeming gift cards, please see the following article: Selling Gift Cards and Accepting Gift Cards for Payment
FROM THE CHECK OUT SCREEN
1. Key the amount to be applied using the first payment method into the number pad.
2. Tap the appropriate payment button (Gift Card) and swipe when prompted.
3. Key the amount for the second payment method into the number pad.
4. Tap the appropriate payment button (Card) and swipe when prompted.
5. Note the balance due. In the example given, there is $19.83 yet to be paid on the order. In this instance, the Quickpay button will be used to apply cash payment for a $20.00 bill tendered by the customer.
6. Note the change amount due to the customer (if applicable) and select a receipt option.
7. Tap “Continue” to confirm checkout completion and permit the order to auto-close.