RFID Cards or Key Fobs can be used to quickly confirm a user PIN code on the Lavu application. When the PIN screen appears, a user will swipe a Card/Fob, instead of manually entering a PIN code. This is commonly used for faster Clock In/Out, authorizing voids, discounts, and other restricted actions in the Lavu app.
Note: The RFID scanner requires an Epson TM-T88V-i smart printer and plugs in via USB, see the below section for hardware details.
- RFID Reader (pcProx Plus RFIDeas scanner)
- RFID Cards or Key Fobs
ENABLE USE OF RFID SCANNER
1. On a computer, launch a browser and navigate to the Lavu Control Panel. Login with a Username and Password.
2. Go to Settings > Location and click on Advanced Location Settings.
3. Enable Allow use of RFID scanner for PIN entry. This setting is found in the Checkout Options section of Advanced Location Settings.
4. Click SAVE in the bottom right of the page.
5. Navigate to Workforce > Manage Users.
6. Click on any user to be assigned an RFID Card or Fob.
7. Expand the PIN & Password section.
6. Enter the first 5 digits of the RFID Card or Fob into the Set Rfid field.
7. Click Update.
Note: If the 5 digits are not explicitly noted on the RFID Card or Fob, follow these instructions to obtain the 5 digits needed:
- On a computer or laptop, plug the RFID scanner into a free USB port. Open the Notes Application. (This is a default application installed on an iOS device).
- Use the RFID scanner to scan a badge. The required 5 digits should populate into Notes. Save this information.
1. Once the previous steps are complete, launch the Lavu POS application, and Reload Settings.
2. Ensure that the correct printer is assigned to the iPad. Refer to the article Server Handbook: Register Functions for instructions. The correct printer is the printer with the RFID reader attached to it.
4. Start the normal process to Clock in or Clock out. (The RFID scanner can also be used any other time a PIN Code is required, such as discounts and other functions that are restricted by Access Level).
5. Instead of manually typing in a PIN code, swipe the RFID Card or Fob.
6. After a successful swipe, the PIN screen will disappear. Tap Clock In or Cancel (If any errors occur, repeat the previous steps on this document and double check the RFID/User Settings).