Voiding Items off an order is available for users on the Lavu application. This is typically done after an item is sent to the kitchen, and an admin user can select:
“Access level required to void items” through the Lavu Control Panel.
1. Navigate to Settings > Location Settings > Advanced Location Settings
2. Scroll down to Checkout Options and select an “Access Level required to void items”
3. Click Save at the bottom of the page
VOIDING AN ITEM THROUGH THE LAVU APPLICATION
1. From the Order Screen, tap Checkout.
2. Tap on the menu item that needs to be voided.
3. Select Void Item.
4. Enter the Quantity to Void on the virtual keypad and Tap Go.
5. Tap Yes to confirm.
The menu item has been voided from the order. A record of the Void will be reviewable in the Voided Items Report.
REMOVING/CANCELLING AN ITEM BEFORE SENDING TO THE KITCHEN
If the order has not been sent to the kitchen, the item can be removed from a ticket using the Optional Modifier section. This is essentially “cancelling” an item, whereas an item that has been sent to the kitchen is typically Voided at Checkout. This allows for reporting of voided items vs merely cancelling an item ordered by mistake, and helps control who can edit/remove items from a ticket.
Note: The ability to edit or remove Saved or Sent items can be adjusted through the Lavu Control Panel > Advanced Location Settings > Order Options.
1. Tap the Item that needs to be removed.
2. Tap the “-” button.
3. The item will be removed from the ticket.