Section 4.3.1: Advanced Location Settings - Accounting Settings
Advanced Location Settings is home to numerous important and vital settings. It is absolutely necessary for each location to become familiar with these settings and how they effect the functionality of the Lavu POS App.
In Accounting Settings, the following settings can be defined:
Monetary Symbols and Monetary Denominations.
- Display Monetary Symbol on printed and emailed receipts.
Cash Reconciliation configuration.
- Server Reconciliation configuration.
Day Start/End Time.
Numerous Tax Settings (including Tax Exemption and Tax Breakdown settings).
1. Log into the Admin Control Panel at admin.poslavu.com
2. Click Settings
3. Click Advanced Location Settings located under the “Location Settings” column
Accounting Settings is the first section of the Advanced Location Settings page.
MONETARY SYMBOLS AND MONETARY DENOMINATIONS:
1. Enter the appropriate Monetary Symbol in the text field
2. Select whether the Monetary Symbol will display Before or After the amount from the drop down-menu
3. To edit the Monetary Denominations click View/Edit
The Monetary Denominations page, by default, displays United States currency denominations. The following items can be edited:
- Enter Bill denominations in the appropriate text fields
- Enter Coin denominations in the appropriate text fields
- To change a Bill or Coin line to the opposite, use the drop-down menus on the left
- To delete a line, click the X icon on the right
- To create a new line, click Add Bill/Coin
- Once all changes have been made, click Save
DECIMAL/ COMMA PLACEMENT:
1. Enter the appropriate number of decimal places for the monetary system
2. Select the appropriate Decimal Separator Character from the drop-down menu
Rounding is used by Lavu POS to calculate the amount due for an order and taxes. These settings will also affect the reports located in the Admin Control Panel.
1. Select appropriate rounding from the Round totals to nearest drop-down menu
2. Select Round Up, Down, or Up/Down from the Rounding direction drop-down menu
CASH RECONCILIATION / SERVER RECONCILIATION:
The Cash Reconciliation / Server Reconciliation setting affects the method by which the Frontend Cash Reconciliation / Server Reconciliation features calculate the balancing of a cash drawer or server bank.
1. Click View/Edit for Cash reconciliation options or Server reconciliation options.
The Cash Reconciliation and Server Reconciliation configuration pages will allow for each line of the Till-In / Till-Out report (printed from the Lavu POS App) to be changed to Add, Subtract, or Ignore.
The default settings will do the following:
Add Paid-In to the Till-In amount.
Subtract Paid-Out from the Till-In amount.
Add Cash Sales.
Ignore reported Cash Tips.
Ignore Gift Certificates.
Ignore Credit Card Sales.
Subtract Credit Card Tips
Paid-In, Paid-Out, and Gift Certificates will be set to Ignore in the Tip Column and CAN NOT be changed
2. Once all changes have been made, click Save
DAY START / END TIME:
The Day Start / End Time dictates when reports (Frontend and Backend) begin / end.
For example, if a location closes at 2:00 a.m. then the Day Start / End Time should be set no earlier than 4:00 a.m. This will allow the location to close all open orders on the same day they were opened and print the Frontend reports without risking rolling over to the next day.
1. Use the Hour, Minute, and AM/PM drop-down menus to set the Day Start / End Time.
TAX SETTINGS (INCLUDING TAX EXEMPTION):
The Tax Settings located in Accounting Settings are:
Tax included in all item prices
- Tax Breakdown on order and receipt
Allow Tax Exempt orders
Access level required to grant tax exemption
1. Enable or Disable Tax included in all item prices
IF all or a large portion of the Menu’s prices are calculated to INCLUDE taxes, ENABLE tax included in all menu prices (i.e. the Menu Item price is the FINAL price a customer pays)
IF all or a large portion of the Menu’s prices ARE NOT calculated to include taxes, DISABLE Tax included in all item prices (i.e. the Menu Item price is the subtotal and the tax will be ADDED to generate a total amount due from the customer). THIS IS THE STANDARD SET-UP FOR A MAJORITY OF LOCATIONS!
2. Enable or Disable Allow tax exempt orders
This setting allows for Tax Exempt orders in the Lavu POS App check-out screen.
3. Select the minimum User Level allowed to apply Tax Exemptions to orders from the Access level required to grant tax exemption drop-down menu
4. If required or desired, Include Tax can be displayed on the Lavu POS App order screen and / or customer receipts. The Display included tax breakdown on order and Display included tax breakdown on receipts drop-down menus have the following options:
- Never - When selected, the tax breakdown will not be displayed or printed
- For Tax Exempt orders only - When selected, the tax breakdown will only be displayed or printed for Tax Exempt orders
- Always - When selected, the tax breakdown will be displayed or printed for all orders
5. For further consideration, displaying the tax breakdown for Tax Exempt orders can be customized. Enable or Disable Display tax breakdown on order for tax exempt orders and Display tax breakdown on receipts for tax exempt orders
6. For locations that utilize Include Tax in Item Prices or do not charge tax, there is typically no need to display a Tax Line on the receipt (the Lavu POS App will display "No Tax" or "Tax 0.00" for include taxes). To eliminate this line from the receipt of orders that only contains Included Taxes, Enable or Disable Hide "No Tax" line when no tax applies to order
Once all changes have been made, scroll to the bottom of the Advanced Location Settings page and click Submit