POS Lavu offers multiple ways to split a check. This feature can be performed at the order screen, using the Split button.
Split an order by tapping
This method is used to move an item onto a new split check.
1. To move an item to a separate check, tap the Split button; a check box will appear next to each menu item on the order. Tap the check box next to the item(s) that needs to be moved to the new check. Tap the Split button a second time.
2. Select from the options, New Check, New Order, Another Order.
3. Select New Check to make a new split check. Selecting new order will open a new separate order. Selecting Another Order will bring up a list of open orders to choose from. Choose the order you want to move the item to.After selecting New Check, the order will have two checks.
Zoom to Split function
This method is used to split a check evenly between multiple guests, or split by seat number.
1. Perform a zoom gesture over the Split button to prompt for the pop up menu.
The zoom gesture goes like this, "simply press on the screen with your index finger and thumb leaving only a small amount of space between them. Keeping your finger and thumb on the screen, move them away from each other, expanding the space between them."
- Tap "Split by Seat" to split by seat number.
FIGURE 42. The order will be split accordingly.
- Tap "Split Evenly" and enter the number of guests to split the check into.
3. The order will be split accordingly.