Menu Category Details allows you to define settings that will apply to all Menu Items within the Menu Category (unless otherwise specified in Menu Item Details), to include:
Display in App
Description of the Menu Category
Tax Profiles - required in order to charge tax
Super Group Assignment
1. Log in to the Admin Control Panel at cp.poslavu.com
2. Navigate to Menu > Menu Items
3. Select the Menu Group that contains the desired Menu Category from the drop-down menu.
4. Click Category Details
5. Enter a Description of the Menu Category in the text field.
6. Select Yes or No from the Display in App drop-down menu.
This setting controls the order of categories printed on receipts. If left at the default (1), the categories will print on the receipt in the order they are added to the order.
The Display Order refers to the order in which the Menu Category appears in the Control Panel and Lavu POS App.
10. Enter a place number representing the order the Menu Category will appear.
0 - Top of the Control Panel Page / Far left in the POS Lavu App.
1 - Second from the top of the Control Panel Page / Second from the left in the POS Lavu App.
2 - Third from the top of the Control Panel Page / Third from the left in the POS Lavu App.
11. Select Yes or No from the Enable Reorder drop-down.
12. Select Yes or No from the Allow Tax exemption drop-down.
In order for tax to be charged a Tax Profile must be assigned to the Menu Category or Menu Item.
13. Select a Tax Profile from the drop-down menu (Create a Tax Profile)
14. Select an option from the Tax included in price drop-down menu.
Location Default - When selected, the Menu Category will refer to the setting selected in Advanced Location Settings (Setting Location Default)
Yes - When selected, this will only charge the Menu Item price to the customer. For example, a Menu Item with a price of $10.00 and a Tax Profile of 10%, the final price to the customer will be $10.00
No - This is the most common setup. When selected, this will calculate the tax based on the Menu Item price AND add the tax amount to the established Menu Item price. For example, a Menu Item with a price of $10.00 and a Tax Profile of 10%, the final price to the customer will be $11.00
15. Make a selection from the Allow Discounts drop-down.
SUPER GROUP ASSIGNMENT:
16. From the drop-down menu, select the Super Group that applies to the entire Menu Category
A Menu Category can be assigned all created Happy Hours or none. Learn how to create and edit Happy Hours.
17. Select which (if any) Happy Hours apply to the Menu Category.
Enabled - The Happy Hour will apply to all Menu Items within the Menu Category.
Disabled - The Happy Hour will not apply to the Menu Items in the Menu Category.
18. To apply these changes to the category and save the settings, Click the APPLY button to return to the Menu Items page.
Then click the SAVE button at the top or bottom of the Menu Page.