Section 1.3: Menu Item Details
Menu Item Details allows you to define certain settings unique to a specific Menu Item within a Menu Category. The Menu Item Details will override any settings in Menu Category Details.
Description of the Menu Item
Printing Options - select a specific kitchen printer for the Menu Item to print, the Menu Item will print to the selected printer regardless of the Menu Category settings
Tax Profiles - Required in order to charge tax
Open Item - Specify Name and / or Price when selected in the App
Special (Gift Cards)
- Allow Discounts
86 Countdown - Set a "no serve" quantity
Throughout Menu Item Details, drop-down menus will present the following three options:
Category Default - When selected, the Menu Item will refer to the established settings defined in the Menu Category Details.
Yes - When selected, the setting will execute regardless of established settings in Menu Category Details.
No - When selected, the setting will not execute regardless of established settings in Menu Category Details.
1. Log in to your Admin Control Panel at cp.poslavu.com
2. Navigate to Menu > Menu Items
3. Select the Menu Group that contains the desired Menu Category and Menu Item from the drop-down menu.
4. Click the Details button for the desired Menu Item.
5. Enter a Description into the text field
6. Enter a Kitchen Nickname
7. Enter a UPC for use with a barcode scanner
8. Select whether the Menu Item will Display in App from the drop-down menu.
9. Select whether the Menu Item will be Included in Quick Item List.
10. Select whether the Menu Item will Print on receipts
11. Select whether the Menu Item will Display on Digital Menu Board
In order for tax to be charged a Tax Profile must be assigned to the Menu Category or Menu Item.
13. Select the Tax Profile from the drop-down menu (Learn how to create and / or edit Tax Profiles)
15. Select an option from the Tax included in price drop-down menu
Category Default - When selected, this will follow the setting selected in Category Details
Yes - When selected, this will charge the Menu Item price to the customer. For example, a Menu Item has a price of $10.00 and a Tax Profile of 10%, the final price to the customer will be $10.00
No - This is the most common selection. When selected, this will calculate the tax based on the Menu Item price AND add the tax amount to the established Menu Item price. For example, a Menu Item has a price of $10.00 and a Tax Profile of 10%, the final price to the customer will be $11.00
Discounts are typically used for events or special clients that you want to give a reward for something like customer loyalty. This feature gives you the ability to choose if an item can be Discounted or not. If you need to know how to setup the Discount just click the link provided, How do I add or change discounts?
An Open Item allows the user to enter a custom price for an item and, if desired, a name. The Menu Item price should be set to 0.00 on Open Items.
17. Select whether the Menu Item is an Open Item from the drop-down menu.
No - When selected, the Menu Item will charge the amount entered as the Menu Item price along with any Forced Modifier and Optional Modifier prices.
Name / Price - When selected, the Menu Item will prompt for a Name and Amount when the Menu Item is added to an order.
Price Only - When selected, the Menu Item will prompt for an Amount when the Menu Item is added to an order.
SPECIAL (GIFT CARDS):
The Special and Special Details 2 do not apply to POS Lavu accounts; however, if a location sells Gift Cards then the amount of the Gift Card must be entered in Special Details 1.
The amount to be entered must match the established Menu Item price.
For example, if a Menu Item has been created as “Gift Card 10” and the price set to “10.00”, the Special Details 1 will need to have 10.00 entered into the text field.
18. Enter the specific amount (no dollar sign) for a Gift Card into the Special Details 1 text field.
A Menu Item can be assigned all created Happy Hours or none. Learn how to create and edit Happy Hours. Happy Hours applied to a Menu Item will override any settings defined in Category Details.
20. Select which (if any) Happy Hours apply to the Menu Item.
Category Default - The Menu Item will refer to Category Details.
Enabled - When selected, the Happy Hour will be applied according to its definitions (Setup Happy Hours); however, a user can define Price or Availability per Menu Item.
Disabled - When selected, the Happy Hour will not apply, regardless of Category Details.
21. Select Yes or No for Heart Healthy, Contains Gluten, and Contains Dairy.
86 COUNTDOWN (Gold and Pro Licenses ONLY):
Utilizing the 86 Countdown will allow you to enter a quantity on-hand of a particular Menu Item. When the quantity reaches 0 the Menu Item will no longer be selectable to add to an order.
NOTE: Each time the Reload Settings operation is performed in the Lavu POS App, the 86 Countdown will reset to the quantity entered in the Menu Item Details.
22. Select whether the Menu Item will Track 86 Countdown from the drop-down menu.
Don’t Track - When selected, the Menu Item will never lock out in the Lavu POS App because of non-availability.
Track by 86 Count - When selected, the Menu Item will lock out (unable to be selected) in the Lavu POS App when the 86 Count reaches 0.
23. Enter the 86 Count into the text field.
Each time the Menu Item is selected it will deduct a quantity of “1” from the 86 Count. When the 86 Count reaches “0”, the Menu Item will no longer be selectable in the POS Lavu app.
24. Select the Dine in Type from the drop-down list.