Section 2.1: Creating Inventory Lists and Items
Inventory can be used to track product on-hand (if regularly updated) and / or use of specific items.
Par and Low Alert Levels can also be set in the Inventory along with the personnel to be emailed when an established Inventory Item drops below the Low Alert Level.
CREATE INVENTORY LISTS AND ITEMS:
1. Log in to the Admin Control Panel at admin.poslavu.com
2. Click Inventory
3. Click the Add Inv. List
5. Click Add Item
6. Enter an Ingredient Name in the text field
** Note the Ingredient Name should NOT directly resemble the Inventory List Name or ANY Menu Category or Menu Item Name
7. Enter a Quantity in the text field. This is the quantity on-hand and should be calculated to the most common unit (ounce, pound, liter, gallon, etc) used.
For example, if a location sells 1 ounce glasses of alcohol from a 33 ounce community bottle and the location has 9 bottles on-hand then the entered amount should be 297. This way, when the ingredient is assigned to a Menu Item the value of the ingredient will be 1. Refer to Sections 1.1, 1.4, and 1.5.
8. Enter a Unit in the text field. This should be the most common unit (ounce, pound, liter, gallon, etc) used to make one Menu Item
9. Enter a Cost in the text field. This is the cost of one Unit not the total cost of all inventory on-hand
10. Enter the Par level of the Inventory Item
- Par is the level to which the supply is replenished or the quantity a location wants on-hand prior to service. For example, if it is standard practice to have 4 bottles of a particular drink on-hand entering service, Par would be 4 bottles (broken down to the same Unit of measurement as the Quantity)
- Figure 9 shows that “Gin Beer” has a current quantity of 1223 mL and Par is 2500 mL which means, if an order were put in at this time, the location would order approximately 1300 mL of Gin Beer
- The Low Alert Level is the user established benchmark to trigger an email alert to specified users (see Step 12) warning that an inventory item has dropped below the Low Alert Level and thus needs to be replenished
- Figure 9 shows that London Fields Porter has dropped below the Low Alert Level and thus triggered the email alert to order more
12. Enter the email addresses of the users to be notified when any Inventory Item has dropped below the Low Alert Level. If multiple users will be notified, separate the email addresses with a comma and a space (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
13. Once all changes have been made, click Save