Section 4.3.4: Advanced Location Settings - Order Options
Advanced Location Settings is home to numerous important and vital settings. It is absolutely necessary for you to become familiar with these settings and how they effect the functionality of the Lavu POS App.
In Order Options, the following settings can be defined:
- Frontend appearance.
- Send / Resend / Editing options.
- Display Force Modifier prices
- Price Override.
- Offline Mode.
- Server Summary options / Server Restrictions
- Restrict access to orders open on other device (SECURITY)
- Compatible Scales.
1. Select the Order Pad font from the Order pad font (iPad) and Order pad font (iPhone/iPod) drop-down menus. The selected fonts will appear on the virtual ticket on the left-side of the order screen
2. Enable or Disable the Display active seat icon setting to allow selected Menu Items to be assigned a particular seat number during the order taking process
3. Enable or Disable the Display active course icon setting to allow selected Menu Items to be assigned to a specific course number during the order taking process
SEND / RESEND / EDITING OPTIONS:
1. Enable or Disable the Allow order resend to allow or not allow the option of resending items to the kitchen. See FIGURE 11 for enabled view from Lavu POS App
2. Select the Access level required to edit and remove saved items from the drop-down menu
3. Select the Access level required to edit and remove sent items from the drop-down menu
1. Select the Access level required to manually override item prices from the drop-down menu.
The selected user level and above will have the ability to manually override any Menu Item price
Offline Mode allows a location to continue operating with minimal disruption when an internet connection cannot be established.
1. Select the appropriate Offline Mode from the Keep device order backups for offline mode (2.3.13-) drop-down menu
Disable - This MUST be selected if on Lavu Local Server. When Offline Mode is disabled no order information will be saved on the device while there is not an internet connection.
All Orders - This selection will maintain backups on the device for all orders (opened and closed) until internet connectivity is restored.
Open Orders only - This selection only maintains backups for open orders until Internet connectivity is restored.
It is highly recommended that locations ensure there are no Open Orders at the end of each day. To prevent server’s from leaving Open Orders, the following Server Summary options can be enabled.
1. Enable or Disable Prevent servers from clocking out when they have open orders
2. Enable or Disable Prevent servers from printing Server Summary when they have open orders
1. Select the appropriate Access Level from Access level required to open an order that is already open on another device drop-down menu. It is recommended that this ability be restricted to those users with Level 3; this setting is important for security reasons.
Once all changes have been made, scroll to the bottom of the Advanced Location Settings page and click Submit.
In order for the changes to take effect in the Lavu POS App be sure to Reload Settings on all devices.