Section 4.5: Meal Periods
Meal Periods are a convenient way to track revenue during specific times of the day. For example:
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner services.
Custom time periods.
CREATE A MEAL PERIOD TYPE:
1. Log into the Admin Control Panel at admin.poslavu.com
2. Click Settings
3. Click Meal Periods under the heading “Location Settings”
4. Enter a Type Name into the first text field
5. Click Create
CREATE A MEAL PERIOD:
1. Select the Type from the drop-down menu
2. Select a Day from the drop-down menu
IF “Custom” is selected from the Day drop-down menu, complete step 2A.
2A. Enable the specific days for the Meal Period to be active
3. Click Edit to change the effective time of the Meal Period
3A. Click a Start Time
3B. Click an End Time
IF the location requires a Specific Time not accommodated by the default 30-minute segments, complete Step 3C and 3D
3C. Enable Specify time exactly
4. Click Create
VIEW/DELETE MEAL PERIODS:
Created Meal Periods can be viewed at the bottom of the Meal periods page. To Delete a Meal Period follow the step below.
1. Click Delete to the right of the Meal Period to be deleted
Many locations have a Happy Hour on some or all days of the week. Meal Periods can be used to track all revenue earned from all Menu Items sold during established Happy Hours.
1. Create a Happy Hour
3. Create a Meal Period Type.
4. Create a new Meal Period for the same time as the Happy Hour is in effect.
APPLY NEW MEAL PERIODS TO PREVIOUS ORDERS:
Once Meal Periods have been created they can be applied to previous orders by following the step below:
1. Click Apply next to Apply to previous orders. THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE ONCE!