Section 5.3: Discount Types
Locations around the world offer different discounts to different people. Lavu POS allows users to create Discount Types to fit their needs. This may include, but is not limited to, the following:
Loyalty Program Discounts
CREATING DISCOUNT TYPES:
1. Log in to the Admin Control Panel at cp.poslavu.com.
2. Click Settings > Payment.
3. Click Discount Types link located under the heading Payment Settings.
4. Click Add New.
5. Select Discount Type from the drop-down menu.
Standard - This is the standard setting for Discount Types.
LoyalTree - This setting is used for Discount Types at locations integrated with LoyalTree (for more information about LoyalTree visit www.loyaltree.com).
- Heartland Loyalty - Coming Soon!
Mercury Loyalty - This setting is used for Discount Types at locations integrated with the Mercury Payment Systems loyalty program (for more information about Mercury Loyalty visit www.mercurypay.com).
6. Enter a Button Title into the text field, this is what will appear in the Lavu POS App at Check Out.
7. Enter a Receipt Label into the text field, this is what will appear on customer receipts and Passbook coupons.
8. Select the Calculation Type from the drop-down menu.
Percentage - When selected, the discount will apply a specified percentage discount.
Amount - When selected, the discount will apply a specified amount discount.
9. Enter the Discount Percentage or Amount into the text field.
Percentage - Must be entered in decimal form. For example, 25% will be entered as 0.25.
Amount - Must be entered as a real number. For example, $5.00 will be entered as 5.
10. Select what the Discount Type can be Applied To at Check Out.
Items Only - When selected, the Discount Type may only be applied to individual Menu Items within an order.
Check Only - When selected, the Discount Type may only be applied to an entire check.
Both - When selected, the Discount Type may be applied to either an individual Menu Item or an entire check.
11. Select the Access Level required to apply the Discount Type.
12. Enable or Disable Prompt For Reason (2.3.12+).
13. Enter the number of Loyalty Points the discount rewards.
14. Select the Loyalty Style from the drop-down list. Enable or Disable Prompt For Reason (2.3.12+).
15. Once all applicable information has been entered, click SUBMIT.