Section 1.5: Forced Modifiers
Forced Modifiers are used when certain information is required to add a Menu Item to an order. For example, when a customer orders a drink, a Forced Modifier requiring a size to be chosen before the Menu Item is added to an order.
CREATING / EDITING FORCED MODIFIERS:
1. Log in to the Admin Control Panel at cp.poslavu.com
2. Click Menus > Forced Modifiers
to navigate to the Forced Modifiers page.
3. Click ADD MOD LIST.
4. Enter a Name for the Mod List in the text field. This one has been named 'Beer FM' for beer forced modifiers. Click ADD CHOICE.
5. Select any Happy Hours that apply to the prices in this forced modifier group (optional) from the drop-down list. Please see the Section 1.8: Happy Hours for more information. You can also assign Happy Hours at the individual modifier level.
6. Select whether the Forced Modifier is a Choice or Checklist from the drop-down menu.
Choice - When selected, the Forced Modifier will require that one of the modifiers in the list be selected before the Menu Item will be added to an order.
Checklist - When selected, the Forced Modifier will not require any mods to be selected, but all mods in the list can be selected if desired, or a selection limit can be selected, before adding the Menu Item to an order.
7. Click ADD CHOICE.
8. Fill out the forced modifier information:
- Title - name of the modifier
- Price - cost of the modifier (Optional. Leave blank for $0.00.)
- Ingredients - inventory items that will be decremented as you use the modifier (Optional)
- Nutrition - nutritional data such as calories and serving size that only show on Lavu To Go 2.0 and Lavu Kiosk (Optional)
Select Happy Hour - Use this if the forced modifier has a different happy hour than the rest of the modifiers in the
group. You will also need to set the happy hour at the menu Category or Item that the modifier group is associated with. (Optional)
- Detour - Use this if the forced modifier requires a selection from another forced modifier. For example, if this were my sides list and I selected 'Salad' for a side, I would need to make a choice from the 'Salad Dressing' forced modifier list. (Optional)
- Blank Box - only available if you are using the Lavu Pizza Builder. Click here to associate a pizza topping with an image. (Optional)
- X - deletes the modifier
9. Once all changes have been made, click SAVE
In order for the changes to take effect in the Lavu POS App be sure to Reload Settings on all devices.