Section 1.5: Forced Modifiers
Forced Modifiers are used when certain information is required to add a Menu Item to an order. For example, when a customer orders a drink, a Forced Modifier requiring a size to be chosen before the Menu Item is added to an order.
CREATING / EDITING FORCED MODIFIERS:
1. Log in to the Admin Control Panel at admin.poslavu.com
2. Click Menu
3. Click Forced Modifiers Tab
4. Click Add Mod List.
5. Enter a Name for the Mod List in the text field
6. Select whether the Forced Modifier is a Choice or Checklist from the drop-down menu
Choice - When selected, the Forced Modifier will require that one of the modifiers in the list be selected before the Menu Item will be added to an order
Checklist - When selected, the Forced Modifier will not require any mods to be selected, but all mods in the list can be selected if desired, before adding the Menu Item to an order
7. Click Add Choice
8. Enter a Name for the individual modifier in the text field
9. Enter a Cost for the individual modifier in the text field. This value can be a positive or negative number or can be left blank if no price difference is necessary
10. Enter applicable Ingredients for the individual modifier. Learn more about how to setup and edit your inventory
11. Select if the modifier will perform a Detour from the drop-down menu
- A Detour is used to direct an individual modifier within a list that requires a conditional follow-up modifier that other selections in the list may not require.
- For example, if the Menu Item is a “Baked Potato” and the Forced Modifier is a Choice between “Loaded” and “Unloaded” a detour may be used to display a second Forced Modifier when “Loaded” is selected requesting input concerning additional or subtracted elements of the “Loaded” Baked Potato.
12. Once all changes have been made, click Save
In order for the changes to take effect in the Lavu POS App be sure to Reload Settings on all devices.