Section 1.5: Forced Modifiers
Forced Modifiers are used when certain information is required to add a Menu Item to an order. For example, when a customer orders a drink, a Forced Modifier requiring a size to be chosen before the Menu Item is added to an order.
CREATING / EDITING FORCED MODIFIERS:
1. Log in to the Admin Control Panel at admin.poslavu.com
2. Click Menu
3. Click Forced Modifiers Tab
4. Click Add Mod List.
5. Enter a Name for the Mod List in the text field. This one has been named 'Beer FM' for beer forced modifiers.
6. Select any Happy Hours that apply to the prices in this forced modifier group (optional). You can also set these at the individual modifier level.
7. Select whether the Forced Modifier is a Choice or Checklist from the drop-down menu
Choice - When selected, the Forced Modifier will require that one of the modifiers in the list be selected before the Menu Item will be added to an order
Checklist - When selected, the Forced Modifier will not require any mods to be selected, but all mods in the list can be selected if desired, before adding the Menu Item to an order
7. Click Add Choice
8. Fill out the forced modifier information:
- Title - name of the modifier
- Price - cost of the modifier (Optional. Leave blank for $0.00.)
- Ingredients - inventory items that will be decremented as you use the modifier (Optional)
- Nutrition - nutritional data such as calories and serving size that only show on Lavu To Go 2.0 and Lavu Kiosk (Optional)
- Select Happy Hour - Use this if the forced modifier has a different happy hour than the rest of the modifiers in the group. You will also need to set the happy hour at the menu Category or Item that the modifier group is associated with. (Optional)
- Detour - Use this if the forced modifier requires a selection from another forced modifier. For example, if this were my sides list and I selected 'Salad' for a side, I would need to make a choice from the 'Salad Dressing' forced modifier list. (Optional)
- Blank Box - only available if you are using the Lavu Pizza Builder. Click here to associate a pizza topping with an image. (Optional)
- X - deletes the modifier
12. Once all changes have been made, click SAVE
In order for the changes to take effect in the Lavu POS App be sure to Reload Settings on all devices.