Section 4.4: Order Types
Lavu POS allows you to assign an order a specific Order Type which can be printed on the kitchen ticket, customer receipt, or both. Order Types are used to designate the difference between carry out and dine in, among other options. This feature can be customized to include any location specific Order Types. This section will cover the following:
Select which tickets the Order Type prints on.
- Select the print position of the Order Type.
Select default Order Types for specific views or service types.
Create / Edit Order Types.
2. Navigate to Settings > Order Types
Select the Ticket(s) the Order Type Prints On
The Order Type can be printed on Kitchen Tickets, Receipts, or both.
1. Select the appropriate option from the Include order type labels on print jobs from the drop-down menu.
- Kitchen Tickets
Select the Print Position of the Order Type on the Tickets
Lavu’s order type functions has been improved to include the position of the order type label on the kitchen ticket (effective POS 3.8.11). Managers now have the ability to display the order type on the top, middle or bottom of the kitchen ticket.
1. Select the desired print location from the Position of order type label on kitchen tickets: drop down menu.
Examples of Print Position Choices on Kitchen Ticket
Select Default Order Type for each Service Type or View
1. Select the appropriate Default order type for each Service Type
Create / Edit Order Type
1. To create a new Order Type, click Add Type
2. Enter a Name for the Order Type
3. Select whether the Order Type is Taxable or Tax Exempt.
NOTE: Setting an Order Type to 'Inactive' will remove the order type from the Lavu POS App. It will remain in the Control Panel and can be re-activated at a later date.
5. Click Save after all changes have been made. In order for the changes to take effect in the Lavu POS App be sure to Reload Settings