Force Quit an App (iOS6 -)
There are times when it becomes necessary to force quit an app. In the case of Lavu POS, any experienced communication issues between the Lavu POS App and peripheral devices (printers, credit card swipers, etc), unresponsiveness, or noticeable lag between operations may be helped by force quitting the Lavu POS App.
Force quitting the Lavu POS App is typically the first troubleshooting step whenever there is an issue listed above. However, if in Offline Mode or otherwise not connected to the Internet you should not force quite the Lavu POS App since information can be lost. Furthermore, if you cannot connect to the Internet, you will not be able to log back into the Lavu POS App or Reload Settings.
NOTE: The following steps are described for an iPad; however, the exact same steps will be followed for iPods and iPhones.
NOTE: It is not recommended that any other apps are running on any device used for Lavu POS.
NOTE: Though the steps below reference the Lavu POS App, this process can be used for any app such as Lavu Pilot or KDS Lavu.
Follow the instructions below to force quit any app in iOS6 or below:
- In the Lavu POS App, tap the Lavu Icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap Exit Location
- Confirm that you want to Exit Location by tapping Yes in the pop-up window
- The screen will reload, tap Exit. You will now see the Username and Password screen of the Lavu POS App
- Press the iPad Home button (The only physical button on the front face of the iPad) once. You will now be at the home screen of your iPad
- Press the iPad Home button two times quickly. A grey bar will appear along the bottom of the screen; the app icons in this grey bar are all the apps currently running on the iPad
- Locate the Lavu POS App, press and hold your finger on the app icon until it starts to wiggle and a small red and white minus sign appears at the top left corner of the app icon
- Tap the minus sign and the Lavu POS App icon will disappear from the grey bar
- Press the iPad Home button one time to get rid of the grey bar