Uninstall and Reinstall an App
There are times when it becomes necessary to uninstall and reinstall an app. In the case of Lavu POS, any experienced communication issues between the Lavu POS App and peripheral devices (printers, credit card swipers, etc), unresponsiveness, or noticeable lag between operations may be helped by force quitting the Lavu POS App.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Lavu POS App is typically the second troubleshooting step (after force quitting the app) whenever there is an issue listed above. However, if in Offline Mode or otherwise not connected to the Internet you should not force quite the Lavu POS App since information can be lost. Furthermore, if you cannot connect to the Internet, you will not be able to download or log back into the Lavu POS App or Reload Settings.
NOTE: The following steps are described for an iPad; however, the exact same steps will be followed for iPods and iPhones.
NOTE: It is not recommended that any other apps are running on any device used for Lavu POS.
NOTE: Though the steps below reference the Lavu POS App, this process can be used for any app such as Lavu Pilot or KDS Lavu.
NOTE: You may need your Apple ID and Password to reinstall the Lavu POS App. You should not perform the steps below if you do not have this information.
Follow the instructions below to Uninstall and Reinstall any app on an iOS device:
- Locate the Lavu POS App on the iPad
- Press and hold your finger on the Lavu POS App icon until it starts wiggling and an "X" appears in the top left corner of the app icon.
- Tap the X and confirm you want to delete the app from the device
- Do a Soft reset of the iPad:
- Press and hold the iPad Home button and Power button (Located on the side of the iPad) simultaneously until an Apple logo appears on the screen
- Release both buttons and allow the iPad to reload
- Once the iPad has reloaded, go to the App Store and download the Lavu POS App
- Relaunch the Lavu POS App and log-in