Add, Reduce, and Void Gift Card Balances
Update Expiration Dates
Managing Gift Card Balances and Expiration Dates
This is the 4th in a series of articles about setting up your Lavu account to use Gift Cards. Please review the first 3 articles listed on the left if you have not already done so.
This article how to manage gift card balances and expiration dates. This article will help you change balances and even "expire" gift cards, if needed.
Accessing Balances on Gift Cards
Balances and Histories for Gift Cards and Loyalty Cards can both be managed on-line at admin.lavu.com/webgift. section of the Lavu Application on the iPad.
- Open a browser window and go to admin.lavu.com. This can be done on an iPad (using Safari) or a computer (using Chrome for Firefox).
- Log in to the control panel with your username and password.
- After logging in to the control panel go to your browser window address bar...
and replace everything after ".com/" to say "webgift"
and hit the "Enter" key
- This will bring up the Card Management screen.
- Type in the card number by clicking in the "Enter Card #" field and using a keyboard, or click on the numbers in the on-screen keypad.
Note: All Gift and Loyalty Card numbers MUST BE 13 digits or less; OR 17 digits or more. Card numbers that are 14, 15, or 16 digits in length will not process. Those lengths are reserved for credit cards.
- Then click the "Submit" button.
- The following screen shows that will allow managing the loyalty points and dollar value of the card.
Note the balance available on the card -
- Click the Adjust Amount controls or type in the number desired to change the value available on the gift card. Tap the "-5" or the "+5" buttons to move the balance up or down in $5 increments. Click the Submit button to apply any changes instantly.
- To add an expiration date, type it in the Expiration Date field. Click the Submit button to apply any changes instantly.
- To see the card history of usage, click the View Card History button at the bottom of the screen.
Adding Funds or Loyalty Points to Gift Cards
There may be occasions when you would like to load a single gift card without creating a sale in order to do so. Examples of this would be to provide employee incentives or de-escalate an upset customer. You can do single additions of gift cards simply using the /webgift portal.
- Follow steps 1-6 detailed in the preceding section
- Click the REGISTER button when you get the Card Not Found screen
- Adjust the balances and expiration date (if desired) in the appropriate fields. Click SUBMIT
You have now entered a gift card in your system without creating a sale.
Gift Card Article Directory