Lavu features a Scheduling tool to easily create schedules for users/employees. This is accessible through the Lavu Control Panel.
Once Schedules are created, users will be able to see their schedule on any computer through the Lavu Employee Portal.
Note: When creating an employee schedule, overtime rules are often an important consideration. Please see this article regarding the configuration of Overtime Settings.
2. Select Workforce > Scheduling.
3. Use the left and right arrows to move back a week or forward to the next week. To create a new shift click New Shift under the appropriate date.
4. Select an Employee from the drop-down list.
5. Select a Start Time and End Time for the shift.
6. You can type in any time to start or end a shift. 30 minute increments are available on the drop-down list.
Note: Use proper formatting when specifying time. For example: 3:45 pm should be typed in as “03:45pm”.
7. If the user has multiple Employee Classes, designate a class for the shift. This will let the user know what job role they are scheduled for, but they will still need to select an Employee Class when Clocking In. Employee Classes are NOT required for scheduling.
8. Click ADD SHIFT to confirm the newly created shift.
The shift is now displayed on the Scheduling page.
The Scheduling feature allows users to duplicate shifts from a previous week into the selected week.
1. From the Action drop-down, select duplicate a previous week.
2. Select the “Source week” for shift duplication.
3. Shifts will be imported to “this week”, which is the week displayed on the page when the Action was selected.
4. If the destination week already has shifts scheduled, you'll see the popup below. To remove any shifts in the Destination week, and replace them with the imported shifts, click Replace. To duplicate shifts AND keep the shifts in the Destination week, click Keep them. Click Copy schedule.
5. A "Shifts successfully copied" message will appear for a moment. You'll see the duplicated shifts in the destination week.
The Actions drop-down menu provides access to 2 additional features besides duplicating a previous week's shifts. You can also print a week's schedule and hide the estimated pay.
The View by buttons are used to change the way the schedule is displayed; sorted by Employee or class.
The Estimated pay for a week is calculated based on the pay rate, or class pay rate set up for the users that are in that week's schedule.
The Add notes button allows users to type in notes that can be seen by other users who navigate to this page.
1. Click in the open field, and begin typing notes.
2. Click “Save” to save the notes that were entered. When other users visit that week's schedule, they will see a View notes button, in the place of the Add notes button.