Situational printing is a brand new tool for kitchens with multiple stations. You can print tickets containing only hot items to your hot station, tickets containing only cold items to your cold station, and tickets containing both hot and cold items to both stations. This decreases paper waste and helps your kitchen staff to better coordinate their efforts.
Both printers in the below example have situational printing enabled.
Turn On Situational Printing
Before you Begin
- Make sure you have already added the kitchen printers you will be using to your account. Check out this article if you need some assistance with the preparatory step.
- Update your Lavu App to version 3.9.0.
Enable the Settings
- Login to your Lavu Control Panel
- Navigate to Settings > Printers / Technical > Printers / KDS
- Scroll down to the Printers / KDS section
- Select the first printer you want to turn on
- Select Yes for “If order contains items directed to another printer, print all items to this printer:"
- Click SAVE
- Repeat these steps for each of the printers you want to have situational printing capability
Test the Settings
The most important step in any process is to test what you have done.
- Reload settings on all of your devices.
- Create a test ticket for each of the printers you are using for situational printing that only contain items for one printer and send each one to the printer (e.g. Create a hot ticket and send it, then create a cold ticket and send it).
- Create another test ticket that contains items for all of the situational printing printers and send that ticket (e.g. Create a ticket with both hot and cold items and send it).
- Review your situational printing settings if the tests do not have the results that you expected. You may also want to double check your menu to ensure the categories have been assigned the correct printer.