The Lavu + Square integration supports the use of printed receipts. There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you choose to use this workflow for your restaurant:
- You will need to connect a printer directly through the Square POS app in order to print receipts.
- Follow the Square instructions to add the tips from the printed receipt directly in the Square App.
- Tips must be added to the transaction within 36 hours of running the card. This must be done through the Square POS app.
- Tips added to transactions in the Square POS app can be reconciled with Lavu using the Lavu Control Panel.
- This step pulls the tip information from the transactions in the Square app and adds it to all of your reporting in Lavu.
- This step can take up to 45 minutes to complete.
- The instructions on how to complete this process are below. We have also included a simple video to walk you through the process.
There are three Epson printers that are currently confirmed as compatible with both Square and Lavu: TM-T88V, TM-T20II, and the TM-U220B. The Epson TM-T88V-i is not supported by Square at this time.
Click Related Articles to view additional information on this integration if you want to learn more.
Reconciling Tips from the Sign and Tip on Printed Receipt Square Workflow
You will want to gather together all of your printed receipts prior to beginning the process of adding tips in the Square app.
Step By Step
1. Add the tips to the transactions in the Square app. You can search the transactions by order ID in the Square transactions screen to quickly identify what transaction should have what tip.
2. Navigate to the Lavu Control Panel and login using your credentials.
3. Click on Reports and then on the End of Day / Batching (Version 1) to the right of the page.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the End of Day (Version 1) report and choose All Users from the "Users:" dropdown in the Detailed End of Day Reports section.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the Detailed End of Day Reports for All Users and click on START RECONCILIATION.
6. This process can take up to 45 minutes to complete.
Do you want to review the basics of the Lavu + Square integration? Click the link below to review that article.
Do you need to enable the integration for another Lavu account or troubleshoot your current integration? Click the link below to get started.