Lavu Kiosk Receipt Printers
The Kiosk Settings contains a special section to allow you to quickly add a receipt printer for your kiosk. The Kiosk only supports Epson Printers at this time. The Kiosk can 'print' to the Epson KDS, but not to the Lavu KDS.
Configure the Receipt Printer
Set up for your receipt printer is fairly simple. Choose the scenario below that most closely matches your situation and follow the instructions.
Adjust the Kiosk Receipt Printer Settings
- Login to your Lavu Control Panel.
- Navigate to Kiosk and click Receipt Printers.
- Click + Add Printer.
- Select the appropriate unassigned Setting
- Check your regular printer assignments by navigating to Settings > Printers / Technical > Printers / KDS
- Scroll down to find the first receipt printer assignment that is not already assigned.
- Enter a NAME for the printer. It is a good idea to name the printer so that it describes what you use the printer for (e.g. Bar Printer, Grill Printer, etc.)
- Select the MODEL of the printer from the drop-down list.
- Select the COMMAND SET from the drop-down list.
- Enter the printer’s static IP ADDRESS
- Enter the PORT (The default entry is ‘9100’ as this is the most common assignment.)
- Click SAVE
There is one more step to complete this process: assign the printer to the kiosk. This takes place in the Lavu Kiosk app. We will address that in Assigning the Lavu Kiosk Receipt Printer article. First, let’s complete our control panel settings.
Lavu Kiosk Articles
The following are a series of articles designed to help you to set up your new Lavu Kiosk. Click on the article title to open the page.
- Lavu Kiosk - Quick Start Guide
- Customizing Your Lavu Kiosk - Control Panel
- Lavu Kiosk Credit Card Settings - Control Panel
- Lavu Kiosk Printer Settings - Control Panel
- Optimizing Your Menu for Lavu Kiosk - Control Panel
- Lavu Kiosk iPad Settings
- Pairing and Updating Your Lavu Kiosk Chip and Tap Reader
- Assigning the Lavu Kiosk Receipt Printer
- Lavu Kiosk Order Workflow