Lavu Kiosk Receipt Printers
The Kiosk Settings contains a special section to allow you to quickly add a receipt printer for your kiosk. The Kiosk only supports Epson Printers at this time. The Kiosk can 'print' to the Epson KDS, but not to the Lavu KDS.
Configure the Receipt Printer
Set up for your receipt printer is fairly simple. Choose the scenario below that most closely matches your situation and follow the instructions.
Adjust the Kiosk Receipt Printer Settings
- Login to your Lavu Control Panel
- Navigate to Settings > Location Settings > Kiosk Settings > Kiosk Receipt Printers
- Click + ADD NEW
- Select the appropriate unassigned Setting
- Check your regular printer assignments by navigating to Settings > Printers / KDS > Printers / KDS
- Find the first receipt printer assignment that is not already assigned.
- Using the image below, I would select receipt2 as my first kiosk printer assignment
- Enter a Name for the printer. It is a good idea to name the printer so that it describes what you use the printer for (e.g. Bar Printer, Grill Printer, etc.)
- Enter the printer’s static IP Address
- Enter the Port (The default entry is ‘9100’ as this is the most common assignment.)
- Select Epson from the Printer Type drop-down menu
- Select the appropriate Command Set from the drop-down menu (Don’t worry if you do not see this drop-down at first. It becomes available after you select the Printer Type in step 8.)
- Select the appropriate Model from the drop-down menu
- Leave the following fields blank: Characters Per Line, Characters Per Line (large font), and Line Spacing
- Select Epson Graphics from the Image Capability drop-down menu
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page
There is one more step to complete this process: assign the printer to the kiosk. This takes place in the Lavu Kiosk app. We will address that in Assigning the Lavu Kiosk Receipt Printer article. First, let’s complete our control panel settings.
Lavu Kiosk Articles
The following are a series of articles designed to help you to set up your new Lavu Kiosk. Click on the article title to open the page.
- Lavu Kiosk - Quick Start Guide
- Customizing Your Lavu Kiosk - Control Panel
- Lavu Kiosk Credit Card Settings - Control Panel
- Lavu Kiosk Printer Settings - Control Panel
- Optimizing Your Menu for Lavu Kiosk - Control Panel
- Lavu Kiosk iPad Settings
- Pairing and Updating Your Lavu Kiosk Chip and Tap Reader
- Assigning the Lavu Kiosk Receipt Printer
- Lavu Kiosk Order Workflow