Kiosk iPad Setup
There are a couple of items you should adjust in your iPad settings to help your kiosk to be the best kiosk it can be:
The first thing you will want to do is set the Kiosk device to Guided Access on iOS devices. This setting will prevent your customers from logging out of the Lavu Kiosk app and accessing other applications in your iOS device. Use this Apple Support article to enable this setting on your device.
While you are in your iPad settings, you will want to set your iPad screen to stay awake so that it does not go dark during business hours.
- Open the iPad Settings
- Tap on Display & Brightness
- Tap on Auto-Lock in the right panel
- Select Never
Now that your iPad is set, let's set up the rest of your hardware.
Your chip and tap reader is connected via Bluetooth. You will need to make sure that your iPad's Bluetooth setting is on. Check out this quick article if you need some help with this step.
Lavu Kiosk Articles
The following are a series of articles designed to help you to set up your new Lavu Kiosk. Click on the article title to open the page.
- Lavu Kiosk - Quick Start Guide
- Customizing Your Lavu Kiosk - Control Panel
- Lavu Kiosk Credit Card Settings - Control Panel
- Lavu Kiosk Printer Settings - Control Panel
- Optimizing Your Menu for Lavu Kiosk - Control Panel
- Lavu Kiosk iPad Settings
- Pairing and Updating Your Lavu Kiosk Chip and Tap Reader
- Assigning the Lavu Kiosk Receipt Printer
- Lavu Kiosk Order Workflow