Lavu Integrated Payments for Canada
See related articles linked at the bottom of this page for additional information.
Welcome to Lavu’s latest payment solution: LIP Canada! We have partnered with Chase Paymentech to bring you an integrated processing solution for your restaurant. Here’s what you need:
This payment solution is ideal for the Quick Serve or Counter Services environments as it provides quick EMV, NFC, and swipe options and enables your customers to tip at the time of payment.
You can conveniently batch from the Lavu POS app or from your Lavu Control Panel. Payment refunds and voids are also easy to run through the Lavu POS app.
This reader comes with a number of requirements that help to keep your transactions secure. You should work with an IT professional to ensure that you have all of these in place.
- You will need a dedicated static IP address for your router. This is provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). You will need to contact your ISP directly to obtain this address. There may be a charge associated with this service.
- You will need to give the reader an assigned IP address and enable port forwarding on your router. This is a great time to consult with an IT professional.
- The reader is connected to the internet via ethernet; it must have a hardwired connection.
There are a few considerations that you should account for when deciding whether or not the LiP Canada is the proper solution for your restaurant.
- Tipping takes place at the time of sale and is entered by the customer directly in the credit card terminal. This means that there is no tip adjustment after the fact.
- The Ingenico iCT250 is a hardwired terminal; this is not a mobile solution.
- The following features are not currently supported through this integration:
- Pre-authorizations, or ‘tabs’
- Offline processing
- Gift Cards
- Introducing the New Lavu Integrated Payments - Canada
- Getting Started with Lavu Integrated Payments - Canada
- Recommended Settings for Lavu Integrated Payments - Canada
- Lavu Integrated Payments – Canada: Transaction Workflow
- Tipping Requirements for Lavu Integrated Payments - Canada
- Batching with Lavu Integrated Payments - Canada
- Voiding and Refunding Payments with Lavu Integrated Payments - Canada