Lavu serves customers in many countries. That list of countries now includes Israel.
Lavu has added fiscal requirements for locations in Israel. Now business owners can easily be in compliance with local fiscal regulations in that country. In addition, Israel is a popular area for international tourism, creating the need to process cash payments using multiple currencies.
Israel Fiscal Requirements:
- Foreign Currency
- Need to show currency conversation exchange rate on receipt
- Need to show default currency amount on receipt if using secondary (foreign) currency
- Three receipt labels are required
- Draft - Any receipt that is printed prior to full payment being made.
- Source - Receipt printed when full payment is applied, there can only be one source receipt printed for each transaction.
- Copy - Any additional receipts printed after full payment was made.
- The ability to pull stored [historic] invoice number and invoice details from database.
- A new report showing all invoice [receipt] data.
- The ability to export reports in csv format.
Multi Currency Payment:
Using multiple currencies to pay for an order is a common task in any location with a customer base made up of a high amount of tourists. Most tourists carry local currency but could also carry other common currencies used in the region. Israel’s currency is the shekel, but many tourists carry US Dollars or the Euro.
This feature allows restaurant patrons to pay with any common currency that the restaurant has configured an exchange rate for in their control panel.
This new feature will allow a cashier to do the following:
- Change which currency they are processing payment in.
- Present the guest with a receipt that shows the amount due on the receipt in shekels and the chosen currency.
- Process payment in the chosen currency.
Please see Multiple Currency Payments for detailed instructions on this feature.
The Israel fiscal requirements can only be used by customers in Israel, processing payment in multiple currencies will be available for our entire customer base.
NOTE: Configuring the exchange rate is a manual process and as the rates change, it is up to the business owner to make the needed changes in their control panel. It is up to the manager / owner to set their exchange rate. Finally, the manager / owner could configure a rate that is more favorable to them because they are providing this convenience to their customers.
Control Panel Setup
Israel Fiscal Setup:
Location selects Israel as their country. On the control panel, cp.poslavu.com, sign in and go to Settings > Location.
Receipt Labels for Israel Fiscal:
- Draft - Any receipt that is printed prior to full payment being made will have a draft label.
- Source - Receipt printed when full payment is applied, there can only be 1 source receipt print.
- Copy - Any additional receipts printed after full payment was made will have this label.
Israel Fiscal Requirements in Reports
Navigate to Reports > Sales and Payments, and select Fiscal Reconciliation.
Hover (hold your pointer) over an order to reveal the details.
Those details can then be exported to a CSV file using the EXPORT TO CSV button at the top right of the page.