A summary of updates and fixes to help you get the most out of Lavu.
💚 Improved the alert when a required forced modifier selection is missed in the modifier flow
💚 Implemented Israel fiscal requirements
💚 Dual currency cash payment support
💚 New rounding logic for split-evenly checks
💚 New notification for orders submitted through the API on POS 4
💚 POS 4 beta is now available for iPod
💚 Prepaid Lavu Premium Loyalty orders can now be refunded from the POS
💚 Lavu To Go orders now display the card type and last four digits of the card
Improved Forced Modifier Alert
When a server attempts to add an item but missed a required modifier selection, an alert is shown, and the required forced modifier is highlighted on the order pad.
Israel Fiscal Requirements
Lavu now meets Israel fiscal requirements including receipt labels and reporting.
Fiscal Report - Order Details
Israel Fiscal Report CSV export includes order details
Dual Currency Cash Payment Support
Merchants can now configure multiple currency conversion rates so they are able to process cash payments in multiple currencies for their guests.
Currency Selector and Rate is set in Advance Location settings - Secondary Currency exchange rate
When on checkout, the hamburger menu > functions will reveal the functions list including Currencies.
Select Currencies to Display all currencies that have been set in the Control Panel.
You are now able to select cash to close out, or select a cash amount which will be applied to the check. Checks can also be split and different currencies applied to each check.
When the receipt is printed, it will display exchange information.
New Split Evenly Rounding Logic
When an order is split evenly, the various totals will now be calculated at the check level and then evenly distributed to the various checks. In the past Lavu would split the total amount across the checks and then round the amounts at the check level, sometimes causing a slight overcharge. A 3 way split of $11.00 would be split to 3 checks of $3.67, a total of $11.01.
Now a 3 way split of an $11.00 check goes like this: $11.00 / 3 = $3.66 + $3.66 + $3.66 remainder $.02. The $.02 will be distributed a penny at a time to the other 3.66 until none remain. Two checks would be for $3.67 and one check for $3.66.
Orders submitted through the API will now show a notification in POS 4
When the setting “Show alert on POS when API orders are received” is enabled In the Control Panel, the POS will display a notification to let users know a new API order has been placed.
Lavu 4 iPod beta
Lavu 4’s user friendly interface designed for restaurants is now available iPod and iPhone.
Lavu 4 for iPod allows your servers to take orders from the table and send them directly to the kitchen. No more running to the terminal to place or pay for orders!
Control Panel 4
CP4 UI/UX Enhancements
During CP4 Beta and initial Release to US based Customers, we gathered some feedback on missed functionality and new features that would make CP4 a better user experience as well as keep customers in CP4.
- Added the ability for users to Toggle between hours:minutes and decimal hours in Timecards
- Improved users' ability to read Timecards and Edit
- Added the ability to Zoom in and Zoom out (Pinch experience) on mobile devices
- Users are now able to export Payment transaction
- Consolidated the End of Day Overview Report for better printing
- Added the ability for users to view signatures on Payment Transactions
- Added the ability for users to view the Action Log in Transactions Order Details
- A CP4 User can now add an external Employee ID to an Employee Profile in Manage Users
- Users with International date settings can now see that format in the End of Day “Overview” module.
- Many minor crash and stability fixes
- Fixed a bug where Lavu Loyalty did not prompt the user to apply a discount at checkout
- Fixed a rare bug where the Vantiv manual entry window wouldn’t appear
- Fixed a rare bug where PayPal manual transactions would process but wouldn’t immediately appear on the order pad
- Fixed a rare bug that pizza toppings would get removed in some circumstances
- Fixed a rare bug where kitchen tickets would be sent to the receipt printer for Moneris merchants
Control Panel 4
- Fixed defect: Shift Notifications were not being saved for newly created users
- Added validation when attempting to copy an empty shift
- Fixed the validation message for when an Employee class is null
- Fixed Bug in Overtime Settings where Holiday changes were saved after the user clicked Cancel